All fired up and inspired I toddled off to WHSmiths and purchased a Day to a Page 2013 diary at the end of August. When it came home the diary inserts remained in the bag on my desk in the study.
I reflected on the rest of the structure and overall I liked it. Being right handed I do find that when I write on the left hand side of the pages I knock into the rings, but I think I will do this with a larger size Filofax too, so buying a larger one will not make that any different.
I used the temporary Filofax up until the middle of December when I decided to clear out the odd post it notes that had started to congregate on the pages. I went to add the page a day diary into the binder and found that it did not completely fit. Something had to go, either I worked with less sections or added the diary in to the bind in monthly instalments.
That was not an option as I often have dates in the diary months ahead, and need to refer to them. So I then looked at the sections. There was going to be amendments and I have to say that having made the decision I am happy with it.
Here is what it looks like now
- Regular Income Source
- Regular Income Source (2)
- To Do – which I have placed in notes as I tend to go through these daily and if I need to do something urgently I can use a coloured post it note to flag it.
- Diary section – I opted to return the Filofax inserts and purchase a rather nice A5 day to a page diary
Thanks for the feedback. It sounds busier than it is and I guess that some sections could merge further rather than sub divide. Part three will follow in due course, I might try one at the end of month.
Hhmm, sounds complicated and busy. I would be interested in part 3 once the new year is well under way 🙂