Weekend Cooking – Good Friday Dinner

As is customary, it is traditional to have fish on Good Friday. A few weeks ago hubby went fishing and caught some trout. As he went to a fishery, they had to be bought home and after being gutted and filleted they were destined to spend a few weeks in the freezer. So, it seemed appropriate to have them for dinner on Good Friday.
So I placed four fillets (there were three of us!) in a lasagne dish lined with tin foil
Here they are with a couple of knobs of light butter, salt and pepper and lemon juice from a fresh lemon.
I then fold in the tin foil and place ready for the oven.
Next boil some potatoes and then mash with butter and milk, as well as salt and pepper.
Add some cheese (depending on how cheesy!)
Mix in together and add to a dish. A few slices of tomato to garnish and a smattering of cheese and pepper.
Cheese & Potato Pie ready to go into oven.
Add the trout and the cheese and potato pie to the oven for around 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, the cheese and potato pie looks like this
……And after 20 minutes!

Taking part in Weekend Cooking, hosted by BethFishReads
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Weekend Cooking – Good Friday Dinner

1. The cheese and potato pie looks good! I never tried that — it looks kind of like a pizza 🙂 That's great you can catch your own trout there too! Happy Easter!!

2. Tasha B. says:

It looks delicious. My family would NEVER eat this, though! Alas.

3. Carole says:

I enjoyed your contribution.
    Carole’s Chatter

4. Uniflame says:

That oven dish looks great 🙂 I need to make more of these kind of dishes. I love that it looks so tasty while still being fast and easy.

5. Beth F says:

Oh wow. This looks fantastic. I really need to make that potato cheese pie. Yummm. My husband is a fisherman, but he usually releases the trout. I'll have to have him bring one home soon.

I cooked salmon pretty much the same way. Wish I had made a potato pie. That looks delicious!

7. Anglers Rest says:

If hubby fishes for wild trout and catches one he does release it to live another day. If he goes to a fishery he has to bring them home, to avoid disease spreading from those not carefully removing hooks I guess!

8. Anglers Rest says:

It was Kristin. It is a regular in this house, quick and easy and yet tasty!

9. Anglers Rest says:

Thank you Carole!

10. Anglers Rest says:

What a shame. I have to say, that I am not overly keen on trout and should have cooked the lemon sole I have in the freezer!