Back in 2008, I launched the Blog – George’s War. The aim was to explore and research my Grandfather’s part in the Second World War.
- A set of medals complete with the cardboard box they were dispatched in and the original greaseproof paper envelope that the medals were wrapped in.
- A small little leather wallet and a coin
- A selection of photographs
- Various stories handed down from my Grandparents
- A piece of material embroidered by my Grandfather while he was stationed in Sierre Leone
- A Service Pay Book
So, it does seem fitting, that on what would have been my Grandfather’s 104th birthday that I really push on with my quest and try to understand the events of his time as a Serviceman during the Second World War, or as I affectionately call it, George’s War.