Fearless Females 2012 – Day 2

March 2 — Post a photo of one of your female ancestors. Who is in the photo? When was it taken? Why did you select this photo?

This photograph is not in terribly good shape. I inherited this from my Grandmother. This is a photograph of my Great Grandmother, Mary Elizabeth ELSTONE, aged circa 18 years.  Mary was born in Bramshott Hampshire in 1880. She married John Matthews in Merrow, Guildford Surrey in 1900 and they raised a family of 11 children. Mary died in 1937 and is buried at the Mount Cemetery Guildford.

About Julie Goucher

Genealogist, Author, Presenter, native Guildfordian, Pharos Tutor, lover of Books & History, Surnames, European Ancestors, Butcher & Orlando One-Name Studies, avid note taker and journal writer.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Fearless Females 2012 – Day 2

I use Photo Shop.

2. Anglers Rest says:

Shelley, Very many thanks for your kind offer; I have just emailed it to you!

3. Shelley says:

I've been teaching myself photo restoration and would love to see what I could achieve with this photo. Maybe nothing! But it would be fun to give it a go. Please email me if you're interested.

4. Shelley says:

5. Anglers Rest says:

I haven't Kristin. Do you recommend any particular software?

Have you done any photoshopping of this photo? Under the fade, it's a nice photo of her.