Sepia Saturday 110 – In the Movies…..

This story and the photograph have a tentative connection to the theatre.
Second lady from the left is Lesley Ramage with her father John.
Lady on the far right is Nehru’s sister.
Taken Bombay 1957. Lady on the far left is called Jane.
The original of the photograph is with my mother in law. Almost 20 years ago my father in law showed us a huge set of photographs. At the time we videoed them. Then in the Autumn of 2010 I transferred the video to DVD. The transfer appeared to have been successful and in further experimentation mode I played the DVD on my laptop and took a photo from the screen. This is one of those photographs.
Lesley Ramage is the first cousin of my late father in law. She had a career as an actress. I have no further details on her career or her stage name.
Taking part in Sepia Saturday

About Julie Goucher

Genealogist, Author, Presenter, native Guildfordian, Pharos Tutor, lover of Books & History, Surnames, European Ancestors, Butcher & Orlando One-Name Studies, avid note taker and journal writer.

12 Responses to Sepia Saturday 110 – In the Movies…..

1. Christine H. says:

Lovely Lesley! Sometimes it's especially fun to have just a tidbit of information and leave the rest to the imagination.

2. Karen S. says:

Oh they sure knew how to have a good time in that era and look so stunning at the same time!

3. Agree with Bob, I thought of Grace Kelly too.

4. Janice says:

Interesting photo…and, yes, the theatre connection is there. Lesley seems to have an actor's flair with her lovely gown and beautiful smile.

Looks like they were having quite a posh evening.

6. Little Nell says:

Transferring from VHS can be very time consuming (I speak from experience), but often well worth the effort. What a pity you don’t know more about Lesley; it seems she knew some famous people.

7. Wow, what a great blog that you have here. Thanks for following me, and I am now your newest follower.

You guys were creative in how you saved the photos. I enjoyed seeing your family.

Take care and Happy S.S.,

Kathy M.

8. Bob Scotney says:

There is a likeness to Grace Kelly in the photo.

9. Jinksy says:

How the other half live, eh?

10. Postcardy says:

The distortion in the photo gives it a lot of character.

11. Joy says:

The photo has truly been digitised. Looks an interesting event.

12. Wendy says:

An interesting brush with fame!