All the chat on good_grub has made me think of my beloved Grandmother. I guess she was inspiration to me in the kitchen. Last night, having read through the comments other list members had made, I was thinking about the topic and spoke to my Mum. She managed to give me the details of a few dishes that Grandma liked to cook.
- Mix plain flour and suet together, using water or milk to bind it together.
- Roll out on a floured board.
- Lay the rashers of bacon across and add some chopped fresh parsley.
- Roll it up and put in a pudding cloth and place in a pan of boiling water and cook.
Mum has said the cloth would be horrid when taken out of the pan, and remembers being given the job of washing the cloth! and suggests using a more modern steamer would better and safer!
- Buy Lambs Hearts and stuff them with sage and onion stuffing.
- wrap in tin foil and place in a baking dish
Serve with potatoes and vegetables
- Quite simply cut cheese into slices and layer with layers of tomato into a dish
- Place in the oven and cook for about 15 mins until the cheese has melted slightly