I promised my last Pharos students a peek at my notebooks, well in this case it is a peek at my current book. Anyone who has been reading this site for a while will no doubt recall how I began writing, why and how it has emerged over time. If you haven’t seen those posts, don’t worry, I will add the links at the end!
A larger image of the picture here can be found at the bottom of the post.
Starting with the notebook cover (large picture bottom right) – this is from Katie Leamon and I purchased from the Paper Parlour website – it was a pricey notebook, and not my usual brands, but this cover I loved and bought it according to an entry in my notebook about 18 months ago.
Whilst it is pricey, it is the most beautiful paper, plain and the book contains 300 wonderful pages. There is no bleed through and very minimal ghosting. I have asked Santa for another with a different cover, and will keep you all posted!
Moving along the three pictures on the top row, left to right –
- This is the planning for an article about One-Name Studies and Surnames, and features the seven key steps that the Guild of One-Name Studies has outlined. What you cannot see at the top of the page is the a pre-step, but if you look at the middle image –
- This is part of that pre-step, which spreads across three pages.
- The last image on that top row is some planning for an interview (details will be revealed in due course) and a separate presentation that relates to my One-Place Study which is interwoven with my Italian One-Name Study – Now moving to The two small images on the left are:
- Continuations relating to the interview and separate presentation relating to my One-Place Study and One-Name Study
- This is a photograph I snapped yesterday afternoon. My spouse whose birthday is a few days before Christmas Day is VERY festive (can you tell?) He had been outside and came in for a few minutes and, well the snap had to be done! He was happy to be included in this post and on the image.