I joined LibraryThing back in October 2005, paying the fee of $25 for a lifetime account which enabled me to list more than 200 books. (The fee was removed circa 2019).
My plan was to catalogue all of my books, reading lists plus the other material relevant, essentially things like microfiche and data CD’s. You can view my LibraryThing Profile HERE.
I have set my books up into collections:
- My Library – Books that I own
- Wish List – Potential future reading
- Audio, DVD and Video (and I have an occasional audio tape!)
- To Read – the to be read list
- Read, but un-owned – those that I have borrowed from friends or the library or books that I owned but subsequently donated
- Book Reviews
- SPG – These are typically my husband’s book which are essentially about fish and fishing
- Mum’s – These are my late Mum’s and are currently a work in progress
- Current Library Books – (in an attempt to track books and reduce library fines!)
I also use Tags – In all there are 53, but here is a few – Fiction, History, Genealogy, Biography, Memoir, eBooks, Cookery Food & Drink, DNA, Italy, Historical Fiction, Quilts etc. You can see my Tags HERE.
You can read about LibraryThing HERE and open an account, free of charge to catalogue your own books. There is an App that can be downloaded and is available for both iOS and Android platform. It is also possible to Import and Export from LibraryThing. Information can be found HERE