As a RootsTech London Ambassador I have the opportunity to host a give away for the event of a compliementary three day pass (worth £149). There is no restrictions on how I choose to host the give away. So read to the bottom of this post to see how to enter.
RootsTech London will take place 24-26 October 2019 at the Excel Centre, London
RootsTech is a well know and respected event in the US and is a very different type of genealogical event compared to what we are used to here in the UK.
The focus is on learning and the attending of classes, which are simply presentations. There are also some workshop type events. There are stands, or as they are known in the US, booths and of course attendees get the opportunity to attend as many of the classes as they wish or computer labs which name for the workshops. You can also visit many different types of genealogical stands. I know a number of genealogical societies that are attending, as are genealogical commercial organisations.
The price to attend is currently £49 for one day and £99 for all three day. The website for more information can be found HERE and the schedule is also available HERE. I shall be personally talking on Delving Deep into Migration, to and from the British Isles on Thursday.
The complimentary three day pass will include the following:
- Over 150 classes (see schedule)
- Key note and General sessions
- Expo Hall
- Evening event
As an additional treat, I personally offer an additional prize of a Guild of One-Name Studies membership bundle which will include:
- One year’s membership (value £18) (Subject to completing a Guild membership form)
- One surname registration (value £14) (Subject to agreeing to meet the Guild requirements of study registration for more information see HERE)
- Copy of Art of One-Name Studies (worth £4)
How can you enter the giveaway?
- Share with me via the contact form below either of the following:
- Any piece of information regarding the surnames of BUTCHER, ORLANDO or WORSHIP that might exist in your own family history along with the citation, photograph or certificate(s) OR
- What surname you are the most curious about in your family history and why?
Terms and conditions
- The prize draw will be for a three day pass to RootsTech, kindly provided by RootsTech. No cash value is offered.
- The prize of a Guild of One-Name Studies membership bundle (up to the value of £40) is provided by myself. No cash value is offered.
- The competition opens 1st July 2019 and closes 31st July 2019. Names will be placed into a hat and the winner will be selected by my husband on 1st August 2019. You MUST have contacted me by 5th August with your acceptance of the prizes and you MUST have accepted your RootsTech prize by 16 August 2019.
- The cost of travel to and from London is not included, nor is any hotel or accommodation costs.
- If you have already purchased your ticket, RootsTech have confirmed they will refund you the ticket price paid.
THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED