Whether you write articles, Tweets, Facebook posts or a blog you are writing and publicising your study and fulfilling at least three of the Seven Pillar’s of Wisdom: the Art of One-Name Studies, published by the Guild in 2012. The book is also available from Amazon in Kindle format.
In the last few years I have written more and more about my own studies, and in particular about my Orlando study, Italian research and about the broad genre of surnames and surname research.
Here are a few articles I have written in the last year alone (in reverse order):
- All the posts relating to Surnames and One-Name Studies on this site can be found HERE
- The Pharos Tutors – What is your Oldest Possession? ~ 10 February 2018
- Journal of the Guild of One-Name Studies – From a Single Name – Beginnings of an Italian One-Name Study ~ Vol 13, Issue 1, pp 30-32 ~ Jan-March 2018 (Awarded the Guild of Award of Excellence)
- Legacy Blog – Starting your Italian Research Journey ~ 26 October 2017
- Legacy Blog – Pathway to My Sicilian Heritage ~ 16 October 2017
- Family Tree Magazine (UK) – Setting up a One-Name Study ~ October 2017, pp 22 – 24
- Family Tree Magazine (UK) Blog – How to start a One-Name Study ~ April 2017
- Family Tree Magazine (UK) – My Genetic Journey (Case study as part of a DNA Exclusive guide) ~ February 2017, pp 48-49
You have nothing to loose by writing about your surnames. You may even find a connection to your family or someone else researching the surname. In some cases, including my Orlando study, our One-Name Studies and surname research is bound together with a One-Place Study and perhaps our cultural heritage.