I have always loved reading, but in the last year seem to have read very little in comparison to previous years. What reading I have done has either been texts and research for a project or two or a book choice from my book group.
For 2015 I hope to change that. I have a rather large pile of books, both actual books and e-books that I want to get through. I have therefore selected fifteen that are going to be my MUST reads for the year. That will hopefully get the reading juices following again.
Here they are listed in no particular order – books marked with * are already started.
- Vintage by Susan Goss
- How to Knit a Tangled Mess by Rachel Cole
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- Return to Mandalay by Rosanna Ley
- Sleeping the Churchyard Sleep by Rett MacPherson *
- Between the Cracks by Carmela Cattuti *
- Disraeli Avenue by Caroline Smailes
- The Leaving of Things by Jay Amtahi
- The Irresistable Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe by Mary Simses
- 30 Days in Sydney by Peter Carey
- 13th Gift by Joanne Smith
- The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
- The Dress shop of Dreams by Menna Van Praag
- The Bookshop Book by Jen Campbell
- The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society by Darien Gee
The Sunday Salon is open to anyone who’d like to discuss books of a Sunday (or, frankly, any other day of the week). We’ve actually been around for some years — see http://dhamel.typepad.com/sundaysalon/ — but managing the group via that site became a problem because of its size and we had to limit membership to a little over 500 members. The doors are open to anyone who’d like to participate via the Facebook Group