Advent Calendar 2012 – Fruitcake – Friend or Foe?

My Grandmother spotted this Christmas Cake recipe in a copy of Woman Magazine, and since then both my Mum and I  have used it.

The photograph is of the actual page from the magazine, which does look in rather a sorry state! The actual date is gleaned from a book review on the reverse of the recipe – 1983!

This post is also being shared with Weekend Cooking which is hosted by Beth at BethFishReads

About Julie Goucher

Genealogist, Author, Presenter, native Guildfordian, avid note taker and journal writer. Lover of Books, Stationery & History; Surnames, European Ancestors, Butcher & Orlando One-Name Studies, Pharos Tutor for all One-Name Studies and surname courses.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Advent Calendar 2012 – Fruitcake – Friend or Foe?

1. I like the look of a well-used recipe -it looks like mine!

2. Kristin, if you click the image it should enlarge. If not I can always see if I can email you the enlarged versio

I am getting ready to mix up my fruitcake tomorrow. Wish I could enlarge this recipe so I'd be sure to get the perfect cake! I sort of overcooked them last year. all were eaten none the less.

4. Cecelia says:

Wow – very cool! I've never made a fruitcake, and the ones I've tried I haven't been much of a fan of… but maybe this one would change my mind. Thanks for sharing!

5. I love recipes in their original form – tells a story right there!

6. Beth F says:

Oh I love that you still have the original. Lots of years of memories on that well-worn page.

7. Carole says:

Fantastic that you still have it. Good that you now have it electronically too.

8. Joy says:

My husband likes fruitcake but we haven't made it.
    Joy's Book Blog

9. Peggy says:

Looks like a treasured recipe for sure!

10. I can't say that I'm a fruitcake fan…

11. jama says:

That's a well used and well loved recipe. I'm a fan of homemade fruitcake :).

12. caite says:

wow, that actually looks very much like my recipe, a Christmas Cake in Ireland.
    I still call it that in NJ, because the word fruitcake sets some people off.