Carrying on from last week’s post I thought that I would share a further recipe from this delightful book.
Despite the fact that it is July and apparently a UK summers day it is miserable, chilly and wet, or at least it is in my part of the UK. So that means comfort food looks good on the menu.
Nids de tartiflette (Cheese and Potato nests) – Page 37
1 tablespoon soft butter
500g waxy potatoes eg Maris Peer or Charlotte
1 onion finely chopped
1 clove of garlic finely chopped
1 bay leaf
200g of cubed bacon
100ml of dry white wine
250g piece of Reblochon Cheese cubed.
- Preheat the oven to 180 centigrade and brush a muffin tin with soft butter
- Peel the potatoes and use the Julienne blade on a mandoline to make thin matchsticks
- Put the onion, garlic, bay leaf and bacon into a non stick frying pan and cook until the bacon is golden
- Add the wine and reduce until a couple of tablespoons of juice remain
- Stir in the matchstick potatoes and take off the heat
- Remove the bay leaf and stir in the cubed cheese
- Divide the potato mix between the 6 holes of muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
Preparation 30 minutes
Baking time 15-20 minutes