Today sees the start of Armchair BEA which is the armchair version of the Book Blogger Convention held each year in the US. I took part last year, although I failed the complete week because of being offline at a work conference, but hope to fair better this year. The plan for a kick off is an introduction, by way of answering a few questions, so here goes!
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I am Julie, I live in the South West of England. I have been blogging since 2002. I can’t actually remember how I got into blogging, however, over the years the blog has developed as I have become more comfortable with my writing and sharing on line using this medium and by integrating with other bloggers.
- What are you currently reading, or what is your favourite book you have read so far in 2012?
- Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
Whilst my blog tells readers quite a bit about myself, reading and my ancestry. It does not reveal that I am actually half Italian.
- What is your favourite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)?
I do take part in Meme’s. I use them in a way as journal prompt and write about my ancestors or perhaps share photographs, stamps and postcards. I also share reading memories or book reviews. My favourite aspect is the followers and the comments they leave. Sharing of thoughts or perhaps I make a comment, and someone else thinks about the comment and then develops it further and the concept is used as a sounding board as a way of sharing information and building knowledge and friendships.
- Which is your favourite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?