Continuing the weekly thread organised by Michelle at The Turning of Generations.
A belated post as I took stock of where I was at in my personal tidying, sorting and culling plans.
My study is at the top of the house, on the third floor. From the study I can access the roof space via a series of eve cupboards. In these cupboards I have a couple of boxes of memorabilia and pieces collected over the years. I enlisted the help of my husband to move the boxes into the study and position them in front of the armchair which sits in the study. I then proceeded to go through the boxes and have a trip down memory lane; reading and reviewing the material that I have gathered over the years. I discarded nothing. I did though sort through and organise the collection of material into the following –
- Letters sorted into a sturdy box
- Cards sorted and sorted into a sturdy box
- Diaries and journals sorted into a small suitcase that had belonged to my Grandfather
- The rest – large cards, scrapbook of our wedding and a whole pile of other bits re-homed into a large suitcase that had belonged to my Grandfather
- Collection of school reports and alike that I plan to scan sorted into a sturdy small box
The collection of suitcases and small boxes were then placed back into the eves cupboards, where I can access them at any time as I start to catalogue and scan cards and letters.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged 21st Century Organised Family Historian
. Bookmark the permalink