Sarah of Puss Reboots
The Armchair BEA is on its final post; do you know I feel quite sad. The prompts have given me some real enjoyment to write and share and to meet other bloggers. More of that in the wrap up post a little later.
This final prompt is about the genres that have not been covered.
- Historical Fiction – I love historical fiction. I love the perhaps or interpreted look to previous times. Some of my favourite books in within this genre are
- Travel – I enjoy reading travelogue type books. A recent favourite that I have mentioned several times this BEA is
- Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach which is a combination of memoir and travel.
- Bill Bryson books – a particular favourite is Down Under
- Michael Palin – I am a bit of a fan, with every single DVD & book of traveling
- Billy Connolly – Over the last 20 years or so Billy has toured various parts of the world, each of these program types a mix of travel, gigs, history, humour. One of Scotland’s most well known exports! Down Under & Route 66 are my favourites
- Biography, Autobiography & Memoir – I enjoy reading of the lives of others. Some recent favourites are
- At Home by Bill Bryson
- Home by Julie Myerson – the story of everyone who had lived in the authors home
- Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama
- Food & Cookery – I love books that bring together food and cookery and a little history and life
- Mysteries – I love cozy mysteries, a gentle amount of unravelling without too much blood and gore, although I do like some gentle mysteries