A few weeks ago I simply could not face the thought of shuffling around the supermarket with my bad back, so got organised and shopped on line and had the shopping delivered. All was good, until it arrived and I realised that I had ordered, and been sent the wrong size chicken portions.
Faced with a pack of boneless chicken breasts marked as mini, I did concur that they were indeed mini. Some quick thinking and I pulled together the following, which hubby said was delicious.
- George Foreman the chicken breasts
- Cook some vegetables – I cheated and used two bags of the ready prepared cauliflower, carrot and broccoli
- Cook some pasta shapes
- Make a cheese sauce
- Drain pasta
- Serve chicken and vegetables onto the pasta
- Pour over cheese sauce and a few stands of grated cheese.
- One and half tablespoonfuls of plain flour
- Around 2oz of butter
- 1pint of milk (or half milk and half water)
- Salt and Pepper
- Add to the hob and stir furiously
- Add grated cheese – depending on how cheesy you like it!
Taking part in Weekend Cooking hosted by BethFishReads